OpenShift for the Absolute Beginners – Hands-on
Get started with OpenShift quickly with lectures, demos, quizzes and hands-on coding exercises right in your browser
What you’ll learn
- Deploy an Openshift Cluster
Deploy application on Openshift Cluster
Setup integration between Openshift and SCM
- Create custom templates and catalog items in Openshift
- Deploy Multiservices applications on Openshift
- Basic System Administration
- Introduction to Containers (Not Mandatory as we cover this in this course)
- Basics of Kubernetes (Not Mandatory as we cover this in this course)
- Basics of Web Development – Simple Python web application
Learn the fundamentals and basic concepts of OpenShift that you will need to build a simple OpenShift cluster and get started with deploying and managing Application.
Build a strong foundation in OpenShift and container orchestration with this tutorial for beginners.
- Deploy OpenShift with Minishift
- Understand Projects, Users
- Understand Builds, Build Triggers, Image streams, Deployments
- Understand Network, Services and Routes
- Configure integration between OpenShift and GitLab SCM
- Deploy a sample Multi-services application on OpenShift
A much required skill for any one in DevOps and Cloud Learning the fundamentals of OpenShift puts knowledge of a powerful PaaS offering at your fingertips. OpenShift is the next generation Application Hosting platform by Red Hat.
Content and Overview
This course introduces OpenShift to an Absolute Beginner using really simple and easy to understand lectures. Lectures are followed by demos showing how to setup and get started with OpenShift. The coding exercises that accompany this course will help you practice OpenShift configuration files in YAML. You will be developing OpenShift Configuration Files for different use cases right in your browser. The coding exercises will validate your commands and Configuration Files and ensure you have written them correctly.
And finally we have assignments to put your skills to test. You will be given a challenge to solve using the skills you gained during this course. This is a great way to gain a real life project experience and work with the other students in the community to develop an OpenShift deployment and get feedback for your work. The assignment will push you to research and develop your own OpenShift Clusters.
Openshift and the OpenShift logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Re Hat, Inc. and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein. This course is not certified, accredited, affiliated with, nor endorsed by OpenShift or Red Hat, Inc.
- System Administrators
- Project Managers and Leadership
- Cloud Administrators