Ruby on Rails 6: Learn 25+ gems and build a Startup MVP 2021
Code-Along & build an advanced e-learning platform. Biggest, Most complete Ruby on Rails 6 course. Always updated.
What you’ll learn
How to build an online learning platform with Ruby on Rails
How to build a Udemy Clone
Ruby on Rails
Yarn and Webpacker
Rails 6 active_storage
Rails 6 scopes
Rails 6 counter_cache
Rails 6 callbacks
Rails 6 ActionText
Rails 6 dependent: restrict_with_error
Rails 6 helpers
Rails 6 ActionMailer
Rails 6 Credentials
Modern browser and internet connection
A basic understanding of programming would be helpful, Basic knowledge of Ruby and Rails will be a plus
No paid software required
I’m proud to say that this is the most feature-rich Ruby-on-Rails-6 course on the internet.
The course contains 200 lectures and 20 hours of video content.
It is a result of my 6 years of Software Engineering experience and 6 months of course writing.
Through the years of being a software developer I’ve learnt a lot by trial, error, and research.
You don’t have to spend all the time I did!
In this course I’ve summed up the best practices of using different gems and features.
You will be able to learn it all by practice!
As well we will learn to troubleshoot different issues in development and production.
In this course you will:
- Learn to build your own advanced online learning platform step-by-step, feature-by-feature (like a Udemy or Skillshare)
- get access to the source code of the final application
- gain the broad knowledge and skill needed to create basically any web application you can think of
- get acquainted with all the modern technologies needed to find a Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer job.
As a beginner, you will learn the whole process of developing an application with multiple features.
As an experienced developer, you will master features that you didn’t have a lot of experience with.
Here are a few topics that we will cover in the course:
Learn 25+ most popular Ruby on Rails gems:
- simple_form – industry-standard way to create forms
- faker – create fake data
- friendly_id – create pretty URLs
- ransack – search and filter data
- public_activity – track all actions in the application
- pagy – the best gem for pagination
- devise – authentication (users can log in)
- rolify – assign users different roles
- pundit – authorization (users can perform different actions)
- haml-rails – industry-standard markup language
- chartkick – beautiful charts
- groupdate – group data by periods
- exception_notifications – error messages in production
- rails-erd – generate an Entity Relationship Diagram
- ranked-model – order items in a list
- aws-sdk-s3 – store files on AWS S3
- active_storage_validations – validate attachments
- image_processing – display and manage images
- recaptcha – no bots will sign up
- wicked_pdf – style and generate PDF documents
- wicked – wizard for step-by-step forms
- omniauth-google-oauth2 – sign in with google
- omniauth-facebook – sign in with facebook
- omniauth-github – sign in with github
- cocoon – nested forms
- stripe – accept payments
Learn to use Yarn & Webpacker – the core new feature of Rails 6:
- install videoJS
Learn Ruby on Rails features:
- secret credentials
- application_helper methods
- adding custom buttons
- conditional validation
- increment method
- dependent restrict_with_error
- advanced nested resources
- use helper methods
- buttons for custom actions
Learn supporting technologies:
- AWS Cloud9 cloud IDE
- AWS S3 file storage
- PostgreSQL database
- Git and Github
- Google Analytics
- Google reCaptcha
- Google oAuth API
- Google & Bing Webmaster
- Facebook oAuth API
- Github oAuth API
As you see, this is a fast-paced Code-Along course covering A LOT of topics
- If you value your time and DON’T want to spend hours learning how a gem works, consider enrolling to this course.
- The course DOES NOT cover the very basics of what Ruby and Rails are. So, some previous knowledge would be helpful.
- I’m a professional Ruby on Rails Engineer and I built this course out of passion for sharing knowledge.
- I’m not a native speaker and not a vice actor, so don’t expect studio-level audio quality 😉
Looking forward to seeing you inside!
Who this course is for:
- If you want to create your own e-learning platform for selling content online
- If you want to learn how to build professional grade Ruby on Rails applications
- If you want to start your own startup by building your own websites and web apps.
- If you want to be a web app developer: This course will introduce you to many in-depth mechanics of Ruby on Rails
- If you are already acquainted with Ruby on Rails and wants to deepen your knowledge