Selenium WebDriver – Java, Cucumber BDD & more. Full Course!
Full Automation Testing Bootcamp! Learn automation testing using Selenium Webdriver, Java, Cucumber BDD, TestNG & more!
What you’ll learn
- Students will learn Cucumber BDD from a beginner’s level all the way to an advanced level using Java.
Ability to develop small robust to large complex Cucumber Frameworks.
Gain a wealth of knowledge in automation test engineering.
- You should have some basic knowledge of Java.
- Some basic selenium knowledge will be an advantage but not necessary.
This course has helped students become automation test engineers (check our the course reviews).
This course will teach you automation testing using Selenium Webdriver, Java, Cucumber BDD, TestNG, Jenkins and Apache Maven to develop a real world, functioning framework for real world, enterprise environments. This is different to most courses, as we focus on frameworks that actually provide skills for the real world.
> Why Learn Automation Testing?
Automation testing has been steadily grown in popularity these past few years thanks to the time/ cost savings and efficiency that it offers. Companies throughout the world have or plan to use automation testing to rapidly speed up their test capabilities. Automation test engineers are in great demand and offer an average salary of £45,000+ (2018). Now is a great time to learn about automation test engineering and this course has been carefully developed to slowly introduce you from the basics, all the way to building advanced frameworks.
This course introduces you to some of the most in demand automation test tools currently being used by automation testers throughout the world. I teach you from the very beginning and slowly build up to demonstrate the advance capabilities they offer. All this is taught using practical examples that I explain and you can follow.
I have personally taught countless teams to learn about automation testing in the workplace. In fact this is part of my job. I know what works when it comes to teaching new people about automation testing and I have developed this course by keeping this in mind.
> So, why should you learn cucumber BDD?
Cucumber (BDD) simplifies the requirement capturing process. Requirements can be captured, broken down and simplified effortlessly; making the captured requirements readable to anyone within the organisation and in turn providing the required details and backbone to develop accurate test cases also known as ‘Feature Files’.
- Cucumber (BDD) simplifies the process of developing automation test scripts! Students enrolled within this course will see why!
- Students will learn Cucumber BDD from a beginner’s level all the way to obtaining the knowledge to develop advanced sophisticated Cucumber BDD framework(s) of their own.
- Cucumber is one of the BDD frameworks which is in very high demand
- Search online for many automation testing roles and you will likely see BDD, Cucumber as a mandatory requirement!
> Why choose this course?
I have also been responsible for teaching countless students/colleagues and have refined this course so that students get the very best from my teaching material.
By completing this course; I ensure you’ll have all the knowledge you need to become an automation test engineer (and some students already have!)
Students that choose to enroll will get the following:
- A course that explains every step clearly and in detail.
- Gain knowledge on some of the most popular and in-demand automation test tools that employers ask for in job descriptions.
- A course that is structured in a way which will enable anyone with basic of knowledge of Java and Selenium WebDriver to create basic to advanced Cucumber tests and even develop sophisticated Cucumber framework(s) from scratch.
- Gain knowledge to develop and schedule your tests using Jenkins (Continuous integration).
- You will also create and run tests against real world websites.
- Be given access to webdriveruniversity (a website that I developed) so you can practice you test automation skills using the knowledge gained form this course.
> What will I learn?
The following topics are covered in this course. These topics have been specifically tailored to demonstrate and teach you the most important areas of automation testing. This is taught to you using a practical approach and you will see tests (that you have written) testing websites using your very own browser.
- Gain a greater understating of Selenium WebDriver & Java.
- Gradually learn and understand Cucumber (BDD) from a basic level all the way to an advanced level.
- Learn the latest and most effective way to develop Cucumber Frameworks.
- Learn how to architecturally design and develop Cucumber Frameworks the correct way.
- Incorporate best practises when developing Cucumber Frameworks.
- What is Gherkin and how can we use it?
- Understand what exactly is a Feature File & how to create them.
- Understand the purpose of Step Definition Classes & how to create them.
- Explain the purpose of Runner Classes and explain how to optimize them using Options, Hooks & Tags.
- Explain the advantages and purpose of reports and learn how to generate Advanced Reports.
- Learn how to attach images to reports.
- Understand the purpose of the Background keyword and why it’s a good idea to use it.
- Explain the purpose of Data Tables.
- Demonstration of Scenario Outlines & Examples (which is very important).
- Explain the purpose of the Page Object Model & Page Factories.
- I will show you how to Integrate Selenium and Java into your Cucumber projects.
- I will teach you how to simulate a wide range of different test scenarios via planned automation test scripts.
- We go through structured test cases using JUnit and explain why this is useful.
- I explain how to find elements on websites.
- I will explain the purpose and then master the ability to create Dynamic Locators.
- Learn how to stabilize your tests.
- Learn why a BasePage is so important and why it’s vital to centralize your code.
- I will show you how to master Inheritance using Subpages.
- I will show you DriverFactory creation and why a DriverFactory is very important!
- I will explain how to download a customized Base Page Java class which comes bundled with Bespoke Methods.
- I’ll explain the importance of Modelling Pages of a website into Separate Containers.
- I’ll explain to you the purpose and limitations of Thread.sleep and teach you the correct way to wait and interact with website elements.
- We will go though the Java JDK and Apache Maven setup.
- I will demonstrate to you Eclipse IDE so that you become very familiar with it (including how to set it up).
- Select and install important add-ons within Eclipse and explain why they are helpful.
- I will demonstrate Maven and explain it’s purpose and why this is a wonderful tool to use.
- Explain the importance of the Maven POM File and why we use it.
- I will explain the M2 directory.
- I will teach you how to simplify the update process (Dependencies) of your project.
- We will go through some of the most popular Maven commands.
- I will explain the constant class (for centralisation) & learn how to create dynamic directories.
- We’ll go through Batch File creation and explain it’s uses.
- I’ll teach you continuous integration using Jenkins and explain why this is very useful.
- I will also show you some very important add-ons for Jenkins.
- We will create some very visually appealing reports within Jenkins and attaching images to those reports.
- I have made sure to include course notes & code with each module.
- We will go through Chromedriver and Geckodriver and explain its purpose.
- I will demonstrate how to use a specific Surefire plugin to our advantage.
- I will teach you the purpose TestNG execution files and why these are used.
- I will demonstrate the Config file and explain the purpose of the config reader class.
- And much more!
> Bonus Material:
When you enroll, you will also receive the following:
- FREE access to my Online Selenium WebDriver Automation Training Platform: WebdriverUniversity!
- Be able to download a ‘Customised Base Class’ bundled with bespoke methods!
> New Content Added (16/09/2018):
- Extent Reports – Extent Report is a HTML reporting library for Selenium WebDriver for Java which is to a great degree simple to use and makes excellent execution reports. We can use this tool within our TestNG automation framework. As an automation tester its obligation to catch great reporting and present to administration group. This module teaches you all you need to know to create great Extent Reports.
> 100% – MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
As always, if you are not 100% satisfied, all of my courses come with a 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
- Anyone that has an interest in automation testing and wants to gain knowledge in this area.
- Automation test engineers looking to refresh/ learn about latest automation trends.
- Manual testers / QA engineers / QA analysts that are wanting to learn Automation Testing.
- Anyone wanting to understand and learn the concepts of Cucumber BDD and Selenium WebDriver.
- Anyone wanting to learn the skills required to develop Advanced Cucumber (BDD) frameworks.
- Software Development Engineers in Test.