Tableau Certification Prep: Desktop Specialist + Associate
Your complete guide to acing the Tableau Desktop Specialist & Certified Associate exams (includes 2 full practice tests)
What you’ll learn
Develop the exact skills you need to ace your Tableau Desktop certification exams
Design histograms, treemaps, bullet graphs, funnels, and multi-axis charts
Analyze data with regression models, forecasting tools, control charts, and box plots
Define custom calculations using calculated fields, table calcs and parameters
Combine visuals to build dynamic, interactive dashboards and stories
Learn from a best-selling instructor, featured author, and award-winning Tableau developer
Tableau Public (Free) or Tableau Desktop (we’ll walk through the install)
Prior experience with Tableau Desktop is helpful, but not required
See why Maven Analytics courses are among the TOP-RATED and BEST-SELLING courses on Udemy:
“Some of the BEST courses I’ve ever taken. I’ve studied several programming languages, Excel, VBA and web dev, and Maven is among the very best I’ve seen!” Russ C.
“This is my fourth course from Maven Analytics and my fourth 5-star review, so I’m running out of things to say. I wish Maven was in my life earlier!” Tatsiana M.
“Excellent from start to finish. I picked up a bunch of techniques that will be useful in the workplace, from new chart templates to some very cool advanced visualizations. I loved all of it!” Robert C.
“Maven Analytics should become the new standard for all courses taught on Udemy!” Jonah M.
This course is designed to help you build the exact skills you need to ace the Tableau Desktop Specialist and Certified Associate exams, guaranteed. With hands-on projects, full-length practice tests, and free downloadable study guides, this is the ONLY course you’ll need to prepare!
Throughout the course, you’ll play the role of a BI Analyst for BankMaven, a financial institution based in the US. You’ll use Tableau Desktop, and the skills you learn throughout the course, to design and build an executive dashboard from scratch. But don’t worry, we’ll guide you each step of the way, with crystal clear explanations and helpful pro tips to help you build expert-level Tableau skills.
Our project will incorporate ALL of the skills required for certification, including connecting and blending data, creating charts and geospatial maps, applying analytics tools and calculations, filtering and examining data, and designing custom, interactive dashboards and stories:
- Connecting to Data
- Connect to sources, join & blend data, edit metadata, compare extracts & live connections, etc.
- Field & Chart Types
- Explore field types, pills, row and column shelves, common chart types, etc.
- Mapping & Analytics
- Create geospatial maps, import custom backgrounds, explore instant analytics tools, etc.
- Define custom calculations using calculated fields, table calculations and parameters
- Examining & Filtering
- Examine functions to sort, group, filter, and highlight fields, sets and values
- Dashboards & Stories
- Combine visualizations to create interactive dashboards and stories
We’ll also walk through everything you need to know about the certification process itself, including exam options and structure, topic breakdowns, question types, rules, scheduling options, and tips for success.
Finally, we’ll wrap things up with two full-length practice exams, with hands-on and knowledge-based questions designed to mirror the actual exam experience and make sure you’re ready for the real deal.
If you’re ready to level-up your skills, increase your earning potential, and become a certified Tableau expert, this is the course for you.
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
- 6 hours of high-quality video
- Tableau Certification Prep ebook
- Downloadable Tableau project files & solutions
- Quizzes & Practice Exams
- Course Q&A forum
- 30-day money-back guarantee
See you in the course!
-Dustin (Featured Tableau Author & Lead Tableau Instructor, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, Tableau and Machine Learning courses!
Who this course is for:
- Tableau Desktop users looking to sharpen and certify their skills
- Aspiring analysts seeking to add industry-recognized credentials to the resume
- Anyone looking for a hands-on guide to clearing the Tableau Desktop Specialist + Certified Associate exams
- Students who want a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to training