The Practical BPMN 2.0 Master Class
Learn to craft expressive BPMN flow charts through dozens of real-world business cases and exercises!
What Will I Learn?
- Create your own, clean and expressive BPMN models
Add business process management to you business analytics skill set
Fully comprehend the principles of BPMN 2.0 through learning by doing
- Gain precious insights from real business use cases
- Learn how to use a free, light weight BPMN modeler
- No pre-knowledge required
- No tools required, we will use an easy to use light weight BPMN web modeler
This course will get you from zero to hero in BPMN 2.0. I will teach you how to apply all the fundamental BPMN elements with the help of processes from exiting business use cases.
We will take a look at:
- An industrial production processes of a private space ship manufacturer
- The compliance procedures of a holiday visa application to an island
- A digital transformation process in the health & beauty industry.
- A process of manual tasks applied as work instruction in the retail industry
- And many more
Each of these real life scenarios will then be concluded by an exercise that enables you to try out the freshly learned BPMN elements yourself.
For this we use Cawemo, a free, lightweight and very user friendly BPMN web modeler that also allows you to share your process models.
In the last section you model completely independently. You can send me the result to review! I am happy to provide you with personal feedback and advice on your final piece of work!
Of course, before every exercise and practical, real business use case I will introduce you every new BPMN element through a brief theory parts. In these theory parts you will learn about the following BPMN Elements
- Sequence Flows
- Pools & Lanes
- Exclusive Gateway
- Parallel Gateway
- Inclusive Gateway
- Event Based Gateway
- Start and End Event
- Message Event
- Timer Event
- Conditional Event
- Link Event
- Attached Events
- Collapsed Pools
- Sub Processes
- Call Activities
- Data Object
- Data Store
All of these elements will the be applied to a practical real business process.
- Anyone who wants to learn BPMN 2.0 from scratch
- Anyone who wants to refresh his or her knowledge in BPMN 2.0
- Anyone who is in touch with business process management
- Anyone who wants to pursue a career in business analysis and consulting
- Any consultant, business analyst or process owner who wants to optimize processes
- Anyone who wants to understand the power of process management